What to Pack
Packing for a cruise or to visit your family is one thing. Packing for days in the saddle and evenings in the desert is something else entirely. Here are a few suggestions.
- Cowboy boots or similar smooth, hard-soled, low-heeled footwear. Proper footwear is mandatory for riding. Tennis shoes and hiking boots have heavy soles, often with rugged tread which could catch in the stirrups. They also do not protect your lower leg and ankles. For your safety, we insist our guests wear footwear appropriate for riding.
- Full length jeans (Wranglers are best for riding, and yes, there is a reason...). Capris and low-rise jeans are not appropriate nor comfortable for spending hours in the saddle.
- Jacket or sweatshirt for evenings and early mornings.
- Clothing easily layered for comfort.
- Wide-brimmed hat.
- Camera and plenty of film or memory cards.
- Sunscreen appropriate for your skin type.
- Lip balm.
- Body and Hand Lotion.
As always, if you have any questions, please call us at 1-855-879-4433 to ask!